Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I was flicking through the channels on the TV the other day and passed over Disney.  Now, I won't lie, I watch the Disney channel from time to time - if Boy Meets Worlds comes on or a good Pixar film, but that's besides the point.  This particular time I caught an airing of the original Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  I am posting about this because for some reason it just struck me.  This movie was created in 1937 and from the story line to the animation to the sound effects, it's just amazing.  (I say this, not as a huge fan of Snow White or Cinderella, etc. but as one who appreciates genius and innovation.)  How long could it have taken to hand draw this movie frame by frame?  To make sound effects without the help of b-reel?  It's so easy to take this all for granted, but if you step back and take a second, there is no denying the ingenuity, the hardwork, and the brilliance. 

Thank you to Mr. Walt Disney for changing the game.  There would be no Wall-E or Monsters, Inc. without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment