Monday, March 22, 2010

Camo? Who You Hiding From?

I don't hunt.  I have never been hunting.  I have shot rifles and handguns, but I have never shot at a living creature.  I don't think as a proud carnivore that I can be morally opposed to hunting, but it's not for me.  I don't have the stomach for it.  Truthfully, I like fishing, but I have trouble taking the fish off the hook, you know?

Yet I digress.  The point of this post is pretty simple.  If hunters are required to wear orange hats or vests - so they themselves don't get shot - what is the point of camoflague?  Are deer blind to the color orange?  Does camo just help put hunters in the right frame of mind?  Is it just for style points?  Would a hunter be equally successful in a Grateful Dead tie-dye shirt?  Would the oxymoronic nature of that situation cause a rip in the space-time continuum?

No comments:

Post a Comment