Monday, December 7, 2009

For the Ladies: Say What You Mean

I feel like it's been a while since I catered to my female audience (and by associate to my male audience), so I thought it was time I dropped a little more knowledge...

Here’s a newsflash ladies… Men don’t understand you. Some are better than others and some fake it like pros, but for the majority of men women are a complete mystery. Don’t leave it up to a man to decode your words or actions.  He will inevitably get it wrong.
Men can’t distinguish between ‘I’m playing hard to get’ and ‘don’t ever talk to me again’, and a man can’t tell when you’re ignoring his messages because you’re playing aloof or you’re just not interested. A man doesn’t know if you’re really busy or if you didn’t answer his call because you’ve already deleted his number. A man can’t tell if it was just a drunk make-out, or if you’re interested in something more.

I know a lot of my women readers are going to retort with the following:
1) We don’t understand men either.
2) Some guys just like the chase, so I have to play hard to get.

Well ladies, yes, men can be complicated too. But as the traditional aggressors, it falls on men to do the hardwork - to put themselves out there and make the first gesture and the first move. Men almost have no choice but to make their intentions clear up front. You can reciprocate.
And women, yes, some men like the chase (just as women like to be pursued). It doesn’t mean you can’t make it a little easier – save some time.  The chase can be fun for a guy - make it interesting - but it can also just get tedious and mess with a guys psyche... Games are OVERRATED.  And, if you aren't interested, don't play games.. It's just not nice.  Trust me, men don’t mind getting rejected up front. It only really bothers a guy after he’s put in some type of effort.

Finally, saying what you mean doesn’t stop at the pre-relationship stage. Being in a long-term relationship with a woman doesn’t give a man the ability to read her mind…

If we all just said what was on our minds - in regards to the opposite sex - life would be a lot easier.

2 comments:

  1. You know we're both about being upfront, and it's especially true with the girls, even more so because they seem to struggle with the idea. I've been burned before by being "too honest" with girls and there are just some things you don't say, unless you wanna get dumped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem for me (and I can imagine you - in some cases) is that women want to be pursued up front, but when they know they have you, they lose interest... It's a lose-lose proposition. I've been burned by being too honest with my feelings instead of playing this stupid game.

    ReplyDelete