Friday, December 4, 2009

The Crimson Pride

Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant (most notably of the University of Alabama) was one of the greatest coaches in college football history and in all of sports, for that matter. His motivational speeches have become the stuff of legend.

When I was in Huntsville, Alabama a few years ago on a business trip I had some free time before my meeting and ended up wandering a local mall. During my stroll I came across a banner, which has been prominently displayed above my bed ever since. The simple crimson banner held a quote:

“If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride… and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.”

This seemed an appropriate time to pass this one along, as Alabama prepares to play the University of Florida in the crucial SEC Championship game this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment