Tuesday, August 18, 2009

University Stickers

I really dislike when parents have stickers from their children's colleges and universities on the rear window of their cars.

It's not that they don't deserve them or that they shouldn't be proud of their children. It's just that when I see a sticker for "_______ University" or "College of _______" I immediately wonder if there is a cute college-age girl driving the car whom I can maybe spend a few minutes flirting with to break up my monotonous drive. If I'm gonna speed up so I can get a glance, I would appreciate the driver to at least be in my age bracket. It's always a huge let-down when it turns out to be a middle-aged mom or dad.

Parents - be proud of your kids. Show off your pride. Buy a sweatshirt. Or at least get the car sticker that says "parent".

No comments:

Post a Comment