Monday, August 24, 2009

Kentaco Hut

Several years ago I was introduced to a new phenomenon. It was called the Kentaco Hut.

For those of you that don't know, Kentaco Hut is the combination of KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut in one location serviced by the same cashiers.

It's pure genius. It's also pure frustration.

As a whole, I have never in my life yearned for KFC or Pizza Hut, as I have for Taco Bell and the Cheesy Gordita Crunch (easily one of the best fast food creations of my generation). But that's the genius of the Kentaco Hut. Because I do love macaroni and cheese and potato wedges and biscuits. Ummm biscuits..

So, while I go in for the Cheesy Gordita Crunch I always end up staring at the menu for a few minutes contemplating how badly I want a biscuit or whether its cheaper to get one of those KFC meal boxes, etc.. Inevitably I will over-order, and allow Kentaco Hut to make a few extra dollars off me. Hence their genius.

Unfortunately for them, I am a product of my upbringing and I do not take this lightly. I am always sure to take a few extra taco sauce packets home with me (they are excellent to have in the house for when making my own tacos).

No comments:

Post a Comment