Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rilo Kiley / Joey The Rat

Back in college I went with some friends to a concert of the relatively unknown band Ozma (tickets were $7 so even though I didn't know the band I figured what the hell).  Ozma (who have sinced toured with Weezer) turned out to be pretty awesome.  I highly recommend their album 'Rock and Roll Part Three'.

This post, however, is not about Ozma.  This post is about the band which opened for Ozma on that fateful day.  This band was Rilo Kiley - another band I had never heard of. 

Rilo Kiley's music was OK.  They were a good live act, and they have a few songs worthy of a download, but it wasn't the music that caught my attention.  It was the face of the guitarist that was like seeing a ghost.  Can you recognize the face on the left?

Maybe you'll have better luck recognizing the face on the right?

Yes, that is the same face. 

The kid who once played Joey 'The Rat' on Boy Meets World [starring Ben Savage] has joined up with another former child star (Jenny Lewis - Troop Beverly Hills and The Wiz [maybe not coincidentally staring Fred Savage]) to create Rilo Kiley.

Maybe you all don't find this interesting, but it was to me..  Afterall, I spent the majority of my television watching childhood with Cory, Shawn and Topanga. 



-Thank you Dan S. for inviting me to that concert years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, he is also Pinsky from Salute Your Shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is amazing. first and foremost, i absolutely love ozma, and spent the better half of my high school days listening to them.

    secondly, i'm an avid fan of rilo kiley, and just recently found out about "joey the rat" being a part of the band...this post is filled with so many things that i love. thank you.

    it's a small world, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ozma and Rilo Kiley are my favorite bands, and Baseball and Science vs. Romance are my favorite songs of each of them, so let me add it up:

    Ozma + Rilo Kiley + Baseball + Science vs. Romance = my 5 stars for this post :)

    ReplyDelete