Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Set It Off

Don't worry.  I won't let this blog turn into some 'personal improvement' website.  But, as I've said, I like quotes, and recently I've come across some that seem really fitting as we all dive into this new year.

Below are some quotes about the past.  Tomorrow (or sometime soon) I'll post some quotes about the present and/or the future. 

“Regret is an odd emotion because it comes only upon reflection. Regret lacks immediacy, and so its power seldom influences events when it could do some good.” - William O'Rourke

“So I guess I'll cut my losses cuz I lost a lot
I guess I'll quit complaining and I'll starting walking it off
Because there is no point in living in a past with that unhappiness” – Straylight Run (Cut! Print It)

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter.” - Confucius
 
“We see things not as they are, but as we are. Our perception is shaped by our previous experiences.” - Dennis Kimbro
 
“...the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” - The Lion King
 
“The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.” - Voltaire



- Do any of you have quotes/thoughts that you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment