Thursday, July 14, 2011

Government Vs. Politics

I apologize up front because I know my readers don't necessarily come here to get all political, but this is where my head is at currently and the next few blog posts will reflect that.  In truth, these are the only things that seem blog worthy lately (I'm always open to topic suggestions).  It also probably has a little to do with the fact that my current cubicle is also the mail room and I have been perusing USA Today every morning...

That all said, I'm going to just mention this quickly..

According to said USA Today Obama has already raised $86 million for his re-election campaing - putting him above his pace of 2008 (where he ultimalte raised nearly $750 million). 
So, to recap, during one of the worst economic times ever Obama is raking in record high campaign contributions. 

1 - What is he doing so well that people want to shower him with money?   For all the "Change" he spoke of, nothing's really changed... For all the promise he had when elected, the economy has only continued to slide (and no I don't necessarily blame him for any of that). 

2 - What the hell is wrong with the system when one person can raise, what is projected to be, over $750 million, but he can't find any money to support his own government programs or reduce our national debt?

3 - Obama, I'll throw this out there.  You want my vote?  Don't campaign!  Put that $750 million into reducing the debt or into financing any one of your positive initiatives.  Show me you're actually about governing rather than politicking and I will give you my vote.  And I will praise you loudly all the while.  After all, I'm not interested in a politicians running my country.  I'm looking for a President.

No comments:

Post a Comment