Monday, July 18, 2011

Abort, Abort

This fits in with my current theme of griping on our government...

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/642186-states-enact-record-number-of-abortion-restrictions-in-first-half-of-2011

Beyond making abortion illegal, how many more restrictions can you put on it?  Seriously, I'm asking.. it's either legal or it's not.  For F's sake... I don't care what political party you support and I don't care about your thoughts on abortion.  Really, I don't.  Bottom line is that this country has many, many more important issues to worry about.

And on a related note... When the church stops molesting little boys I'll take their pro-life stance just a little more seriously...

Thanks Emmylee for sharing.

3 comments:

  1. Abortion isn't a black and white issue. Besides the fact that it is one of the most divisive issues in the country, it can't be boiled down to a yes or no. That's not to say that there aren't more important issues - there most certainly are.

    Also, your referenced article does not mention anything about a church (which church in particular are you referring to?) so I fail to see the connection.

    Additionally, how does a church molest a little boy? Does the building itself do it, or does the congregation as a whole do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond how late in the pregnancy someone/a couple should be allowed to abort, it is pretty much black and white from a government standpoint. Ethically and morally there may be shades of gray, but if our government says its legal it should be up to the medical field to determine the rest..

    My connection to the church is simply that for the most party the abortion debate is centered around religious beliefs.. And there are some religions in particular that pay more attention to this issue than others.

    And I apologize if my attempt at slight humor didn't translate via the internet (I have to do a better job at noting that before I type)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interested read... http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/21/my-take-bible-condemns-a-lot-so-why-focus-on-homosexuality/

    ReplyDelete