Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm a day late, but let's be honest.. I had better things to do and you probably did too.

Still, I feel it appropriate to acknowledge Thanksgiving.  As is my style I'll do so by "borrowing" funny quotes from others..

"I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land." - Jon Stewart

"Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often." - Johnny Carson


Now, I also wanted to take a minute to acknowledge Black Friday, but a quick Google search came up with nada.  It did lead me to these Lewis Black quotes, however, which I consider a win.

"In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants."

"It’s absolutely stupid that we live without an ozone layer. We have men, we’ve got rockets, we’ve got saran wrap – FIX IT!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment