Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Guiltless Pleasures

The term ‘guilty pleasure’ is thrown around a lot.  Maybe it’s because I am so secure in myself, or maybe it’s because I lost my dignity and shame a long time ago, but either way, I don’t really believe in guilty pleasures (for the most part). I think if you enjoy something then you shouldn’t have to hide it.  This especially holds true with music.  Here are some songs that tend to have the label ‘guilty pleasure’, but which I think we all secretly enjoy.

I’d ask you to chime in, but that would totally go in the face of the guilty pleasure principle. So please, cower and enjoy these songs with your windows rolled all the way up.

Walk Like An Egyptian – The Bangles
Who brain doesn’t immediately flash to an image of the ‘Egyptian’ dance when this song comes on?

I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
This song may be the corniest ever written… BUT, don’t pretend you don’t know the words…

I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
I guess it’s acceptable for women to like this song, but every man has to admit Whitney can belt out a tune.  It’s catchy as hell.

Dress You Up In My Love – Madonna
Wacky as she has become, it’s hard for anyone to admit to liking Madonna, but her musical talent is undeniable (at least in the 80’s and 90’s). And this song rocks.

Summer Girls – LFO
You’ll snicker when it comes on the radio or someone’s iPod, but you won’t turn it off...

Hero – Enrique Iglesias
This one is dedicated to a former roommate of mine who happened to enjoy this song more than most... Sure, it’s about the sappiest song ever written, but everyone wants to be someone else’s hero.

Anything by MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice
Stop; collaborate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new invention: the Hammer Pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment