Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Leave Me Alone - Michael Jackson

Tonight is the opening of Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'. While it is clearly a gimmick by his family to profit off of his untimely death, it is fitting of the life he lived. In life, he was often taken advantage of (by his father, his brothers and sisters who benefitted from his namesake, and the media - among others), and so too, is he in death.

I choose to remember Michael for his music, his videos and the messages of hope and love that transcended cultures and faiths.

Ordinarily I prefer to post music as audio only because it think it is much more impactful without the distraction of some cheesy music video. I think Michael is the exception. Michael has left me a lot of great songs to choose from, but this has to be my favorite.

'Leave Me Alone'

No comments:

Post a Comment