Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chihuahua in the Wild

This blog certainly serves as a window into my person, but today we both get to baffle at the mystery that is my brain.  I don't know where this stuff comes from honestly, but yet, here it is...

Did you ever think to before dogs became domesticated.  No?  Well until today, neither did I.  But, there was a time when the concept of a pet didn't exist.  I don't know how far back you have to go to find that time (and I don't care to do the research), but I know the first dog wasn't house trained and the first kitten didn't use a litter box... 

Just crazy to think that there was a time when Chihuahua's and poodles roamed the wild and hunted (scavanged?) for food... 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians (like the ancient ones that built the pyramids) had pets. And Russell Crowe definitely had a pet dog in Gladiator, so they've been around since the Roman Empire!

    A related question: are domesticated animals an example of "reverse Darwinism?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamer - I know Egyptians loved cats and there is some mythology surrounding cats if I'm correct...

    Domesticated animals in fact (in my opinion) prove evolution. They used their "cuteness" or ability to fetch the paper, to survive.

    ReplyDelete