Thursday, September 15, 2011

USPS

I imagine most of my readers have heard of the struggle of the United States Postal Service.  I imagine that most have heard reports that USPS services are going to be reduced and possibly even eliminated altogether.  I just wanted to take a minute and tell you that this is not something that should be taken lightly.  I don't have statistics (though I'm sure you can find them easy enough online), but believe me when I say that we NEED the USPS. 

I know that in these times of online billpay and paypal the envelope and stamp is nearing obsolescense, but what about birthday cards, wedding invitations, seasons greetings?  Believe me, FedEx and UPS would love to deliver your letters, but that's not cheap now and would only become more expensive without USPS competition.  And let's not forget FlatRate boxes for our Ebay and Amazon sellers.

Finally, consider the unemployment situation in this country.  Does anyone reading this think we need more people jobless?  

I could end this post with a call to action: stop paying your bills online, but I know that's unrealistic.  Instead I will just ask you all to at least follow this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment