Friday, December 3, 2010

Undeclared

In 2001 Judd Apatow created a TV series called Undeclared.  It only lasted 1 season (on Fox) and I completely missed it.  Until I caught a marathon on IFC last weekend I didn't know it existed. 

I am writing about this because this show seemingly (I don't have the time to actually look at their filmographies) launched more than a few careers.  Besides creator Judd Apatow (who really gained notary a year before with "Freaks and Geeks") this show starred relative career "infants":

Seth Rogen - "Knocked Up"
Jay Baruchel - "She's Out of My League"
Carla Gallo - "Bones" (TV)
Jason Segal - "How I Met Your Mother" (TV), "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"
Charlie Hunnam - "Green Street Hooligans"

Others who appeared included:

Jenna Fisher - "The Office" (TV)
Amy Poehler - SNL
Busy Phillips - "Dawson's Creek" (TV)
David Krumholz - "Numb3rs" (TV), "10 Things I Hate About You"
Alexandra Breckenridge - Dirt (TV)
Tom Welling - Smallville (TV)

And these are only the ones I could recognize/identify/place in other roles.

On top of that, within just one season guest stars included: Adam Sandler, Will Ferrel, Ted Nugent, Ben Stiller and Fred Willard.

Beyond the actors (which is interesting and impressive to me - hence the post) the show wasn't great, but it had some moments.  If you're interested IFC (network) has begun showing back-to-back episodes on Friday nights I believe..  I'd love for your comments.

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to watch both this and "Freaks and Geeks" for a while. I'll have to see if IFC is playing it when I'm at home -- or if it's on Netflix Instant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, unfortunately, not on Netflex Streaming. It is definitely on IFC Friday nights and I'll bet you can find a weekend marathon soon!

    I too have never seen Freaks and Geeks or at least a full episode. Maybe I will someday.

    ReplyDelete